• bookmark
  • print
  • 0

  • share


Reporting Business Income

When filing your annual Income Tax Return, you also need to report your business income to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS).

Publisher Image

Published by Enterprise Singapore
on 11 Oct 2019

Reporting Business Income

Where To Report Business Income

A. For Sole-Proprietorships

Use Income Tax Return (Form B or B1).

B. For Partnerships

Use Income Tax Return (Form P).

C. For Companies

Use Income Tax Return (Form C / Form C-S).


How To Report Business Income

A. For Sole-Proprietorships

  • The details you report will depend on your business revenue.

  • If your annual revenue is less than $100,000, report a 2-Line Statement with the following: 
    • revenue
    • adjusted profit/loss
  • If your annual revenue is more than $100,000, report a 4-Line Statement with the following:
    • revenue
    • gross profit/loss
    • allowable business expenses
    • adjusted profit/loss
  • Prepare statements of accounts with the following: 
    • trading and profit and loss account
    • balance sheet

B. For Partnerships

  • If you are a partner, you are considered a self-employed person. You are required to report your partnership income in your Individual Income Tax Return.

  • The precedent partner — the first named in the partnership agreement or appointed by others to be precedent partner — is required to report the partnership income in Form P on behalf of the other partners.

  • Individual partners will only have to file Form B or B1, while precedent partners need to file both Form P and Form B or B1.

  • Report the following:
    • your share of partnership profit/loss
    • your salary, bonus, Central Provident Fund contribution, and other benefits from the partnership
  • For more details, please refer to Business Income for Partners.

C. For Companies

  • Report your company’s income using Form C / Form C-S. Attach the audited accounts and your tax computation.
  • If your company is dormant or it is private exempt (that is, it has less than 20 individual shareholders), and if your revenue for the financial year is less than $5M, you are not required to have your company's accounts audited for the financial year.
  • You may also be required to file your company’s Estimated Chargeable Income (ECI) within 3 months from the end of your financial year. ECI is an estimate of your taxable income after deducting tax-allowable expenses.

Getting More Information


Last Modified Date: 11 Oct 2019