Loan Insurance Scheme (LIS)
Published by Enterprise Singapore
on 30 Mar 2020
Enterprises can secure short-term trade financing loans via the Loan Insurance Scheme (LIS) from Participating Financial Institutions (PFI).
Loans are insured by commercial insurers which co-share loan default with the PFI in the event of enterprise insolvency. A portion of the insurance premium is supported by the Government. As announced at Supplementary Budget 2020, support for the LIS insurance premium will be increased to 80% (from 50%) until 31 March 2021.
Enterprises can apply for the LIS to secure short-term trade financing for the purpose of:
- Inventory/ stock financing facility
- Structured pre-delivery working capital
- Factoring/ bill or invoice or accounts receivable discounting with recourse
- Overseas Working Capital Loan
- Banker's Guarantee
Companies applying for the LIS should meet the following criteria:
- Be a business entity that is registered and physically present in Singapore, and
- At least 30% local equity held directly or indirectly by Singaporean(s) and/or Singapore PR(s), determined by the ultimate individual ownership, and
- Group revenue of up to S$100 million or maximum employment of 200 employees.
For More Info
230 Victoria Street #10-00
Bugis Junction Office Tower
1 Fusionopolis Walk
#01-02 South Tower, Solaris,
Email : email@example.com
Hotline : (65) 6898 1800