Temporary Bridging Loan for Tourism Sector Enterprises
Published by Enterprise Singapore
on 28 Mar 2020
The Temporary Bridging Loan Programme (TBLP) provides additional cashflow support for tourism sector enterprises. Under the TBLP, eligible enterprises can borrow up to $1 million, with the interest rate capped at 5% p.a., from Participating Financial Institutions. The Government will provide 80% risk-share on these loans.
The TBLP starts in March 2020, and is available for one year until March 2021. Interested enterprises can apply directly to the Participating Financial Institutions.
|Maximum Loan Quantum||S$1 Million / Borrower Group^|
|Maximum Repayment Period||5 years|
|Risk Share||Enterprise Singapore will co-share up to 80% of loan default risk with the Participating Financial Institution in the event of enterprise insolvency.|
|Interest Rate||Capped at 5% p.a.|
^ Borrower Group consists of the following:
Corporate shareholders that hold more than 50% of the total shareholding of the applicant company, and any subsequent corporate parents (all levels up), and subsidiaries all levels down. (Annual sales turnover and employment size is computed on a group basis).
- Be a business entity1 that is registered and physically present in Singapore.
- At least 30% local equity held directly or indirectly by Singaporean(s) and/or Singapore PR(s), determined by the ultimate individual ownership
- Be a tourism sector enterprise2
1 ACRA registered Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Liability Partnerships and Companies are all eligible to apply for the Temporary Bridging Loan. Approval of the loan will be subjected to PFI’s assessment.
2 Tourism Sector Enterprises are those that demonstrate heavy reliance on international visitors and are defined as:
- Licensed hotel operators;
- Attraction operators;
- Licensed travel agents;
- Cruise terminal operators and service providers with core business in Cruise;
- Venue operators, event organisers and suppliers with core business in Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE); and
- Tour bus operators and river boat operators.
Interested enterprises may approach any of the Participating Financial Institutions to apply for the loan (subject to banks’ credit approval).
- Download and save the Enterprise Finance Scheme application form here.
- Open the application form in Adobe Reader (free download).
- For details and instructions on how to compile all required supporting documents for submission, refer to the application form guide here.
For More Info
230 Victoria Street #10-00
Bugis Junction Office Tower
1 Fusionopolis Walk
#01-02 South Tower, Solaris,