Double Tax Deduction for Internationalisation (DTDi)
Published by Enterprise Singapore
on 28 Mar 2020
Purpose of the Scheme
Companies planning to expand overseas can benefit from DTDi, with a 200% tax deduction on eligible expenses for international market expansion and investment development activities.
Companies should meet the following criteria:
- Reside in Singapore with a primary purpose of promoting the trade of goods or provision of services
- Businesses enjoying discretionary incentives1 may also be allowed to qualify for the DTDi scheme on a case-by-case basis, subject to approval by Enterprise Singapore or Singapore Tourism Board.
Applications must be submitted on the DTDi portal prior to starting the project.
1Discretionary incentives refer to those under, (a) ITA - Sections 13A, 13F, 13S, 13V, 43C, 43E, 43G, 43J, 43P, 43Q, 43W, 43ZA, 43ZB, 43ZC, 43ZF, 43ZG, 43ZI or (b) Economic Expansion Incentives (Relief from Income Tax) Act - Part II, III, IIIB or X.
200% tax deduction on eligible expenses for international market expansion and investment development activities.
These activities include:
You can automatically claim 200% tax deduction on the first S$150,000 of eligible expenses for four activities per year of assessment. No prior approval from Enterprise Singapore is required for the following activities:
- Overseas business development trips and missions
- Overseas investment study trips and missions
- Overseas trade fairs
- Local trade fairs approved by Enterprise Singapore or Singapore Tourism Board (STB)
Eligible expenses on qualifying expenses outside the four areas, and expenses exceeding S$150,000 will require Enterprise Singapore’s approval.
Note: This does not apply to the extended scope of eligible expenses announced during Budget 2020. Companies will need to apply to Enterprise Singapore for the enhancements announced during Budget 2020.
For More Info
230 Victoria Street #10-00
Bugis Junction Office Tower
1 Fusionopolis Walk
#01-02 South Tower, Solaris,