Career Trial For Employers
Published by Enterprise Singapore
on 29 Nov 2019
What is Career Trial
Employers can assess jobseekers’ job fit through a short-term work trial before offering employment paying $1,500 or more to suitable Singapore Citizens.
The previous Work Trial has been enhanced and renamed to Career Trial to improve job matching and retention for employers and jobseekers. The Career Trial will take effect from 1 April 2018.
How Career Trial Benefits Employers
- Additional avenue to hire Singapore Citizens (SCs)
- Assess jobseekers’ job fit before offering formal employment paying $1,500 or more
Salary Support to Employers
30% of monthly salary for up to 6 months, capped at $5,400 per hire, for employers who hire unemployed SC who have been actively looking for jobs for 6 months or more
Who Can Register as Host Employer under Career Trial
- All employers must be legally registered or incorporated in Singapore, with a Unique Entity Number (UEN) registered with ACRA.
- Actively hiring for jobs paying $1,500 or more.
- Offer employment to suitable jobseekers on permanent terms or on contract terms that are no less than one (1) year after completion of Career Trial.
What do Companies need to do under Career Trial
Host employers will need to:
- Provide a customised work trial between 16 to up to 480 hours per Career Trial position.
- Offer employment paying $1,500 or more per month to suitable jobseekers on permanent terms or on contract terms that are no less than one (1) year after completion of Career Trial.
How to Submit Application
Click here to submit your application to Workforce Singapore for approval.
WSG Feedback Portal
i. Company to login using CorpPass
ii. Click on “My Feedback”
iii. Click on “Submit New Feedback”
iv. Select “Others” for Type
v. Select “Career Trial” for Category
vi. Type “Employer’s Application” for Subject Title
vii. Attach Form A2 and Form B2 and job hiring supporting documents^
Refer to Infokit for Companies for more details on application.
^Documents that indicate offered salary and job position such as recruitment ads, job posting in JobsBank or recruitment portals etc, to show employer is hiring jobs for the applied Career Trial position(s).
Alternatively, employers can also register through NTUC’s e2i:
Hotline: (65) 6474 0606
All successful applicants will be notified.
Infokit for Employers
For details on registration, please download the Infokit for Company for more information.
For More Info
Workforce Singapore (WSG)
1 Marina Boulevard
#18-01 One Marina Boulevard
For more information, contact any of Workforce Singapore’s Careers Connect at 6883 5885 or NTUC’s e2i (Employment and Employability Institute) centres at 6474 0606.