Land Productivity Grant (LPG)
Published by Enterprise Singapore
on 29 Nov 2019
Companies that are interested to optimise land use through domestic or overseas relocation can tap on the Land Productivity Grant (LPG) to defray part of the initial cost arising from the relocation. The supportable cost components would be one-time, non-capital expenses related to the relocation.
Funding support for approved projects will be between 10% and 70% of the qualifying costs, and is dependent on the amount of land freed up and the remaining lease term
Qualifying costs include:
- Relocation costs (i.e. physical movement of existing plant & machinery to new site. Exclude cost of asset acquisition in equipment, machinery, land, building and taxes and levies paid to foreign or local government).
- Third-party consultancy fees for market and location feasibility studies as well as work flow redesign.
- Manpower cost of project manager or Singapore-based staff posted to the overseas site to oversee training of local labour and new facility setup.
- Domestic relocation
Restructuring of production model and relocation of existing operations from a land-based facility to a high-rise one or another land-based development locally with smaller footprint.
- Immediate region relocation
Partial restructuring of business activities to Iskandar Malaysia and/or Batam, Bintan and Karimun in Indonesia (IM-BBK).
Who can apply
Local and foreign enterprises can apply for LPG if they meet the following criteria:
- Company has to be physically present and registered in Singapore
- Company has to be currently situated on industrial land
- For overseas relocation, company must demonstrate strong linkages from the relocated activities to the activities carried out in Singapore
- Company must generate a minimum of 0.1 hectare (ha) of land savings
Applications will be assessed by the Economic Development Board (EDB) or Enterprise Singapore.
To apply, please log on to the Enterprise Singapore Grant Portal with your CorpPass.
For more information, contact us at +65 6898 1800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.