A. Apply For Licences & Permits
Depending on the type of business or service you provide, you may require a licence. These include:
- Providing TV & cable broadcasting
- Using music, musical recordings
- Film distribution & exhibition
- Internet content
- Sales of IT & telecommunications equipment
- Print publishing
For more information on business licences and permits, please visit the business licensing portal, LicenceOne.
You may also get more information from the relevant Government agencies, the Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA).
B. Learn More About Laws & Regulations
Be sure to find out more about the laws and regulations that apply to each sub-sector.
- Film & video (e.g. content standards, classification and advertising code)
- Internet & e-Commerce (e.g. copyright, domain names, personal data protection)
- Print publishing (e.g. licencing of premises, regulation of content)
If you would like more information, please go to the Business Guides on Legal Information.