A. Apply For Licences & Permits
Depending on the type of business or service you provide, you may require a licence. These include:
- Providing TV & cable broadcasting
- Using music, musical recordings
- Film distribution & exhibition
- Internet content
- Sales of IT & telecommunications equipment
- Print publishing
For more information on business licences and permits, please visit the business licensing portal, Gobusiness Licensing Portal.
You may also get more information from the relevant Government agencies, the Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA).
B. Learn More About Laws & Regulations
Be sure to find out more about the laws and regulations that apply to each sub-sector.
- Film & video (e.g. content standards, classification and advertising code)
- Internet & e-Commerce (e.g. copyright, domain names, personal data protection)
- Print publishing (e.g. licencing of premises, regulation of content)
If you would like more information, please go to the Business Guides on Legal Information.