Purpose of the Scheme
The Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) helps Singapore companies grow and transform. This grant supports projects that help you upgrade your business, innovate or venture overseas, under three pillars:
- Core Capabilities: Projects under Core Capabilities help businesses prepare for growth and transformation by strengthening their business foundations.
- Business Strategy Development
- Financial Management
- Human Capital Development
- Service Excellence
- Strategic Brand and Marketing Development
- Innovation and Productivity: Projects under Innovation and Productivity support companies that explore new areas of growth, or look for ways to enhance efficiency. These could include reviewing and redesigning workflow and processes. Companies could also tap into automation and technologies to make routine tasks more efficient.
- Process Redesign
- Product Development
- Market Access: Projects under Market Access support Singapore companies that are willing and ready to venture overseas. You may tap into the EDG to help defray some of the costs of expanding into overseas markets.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Overseas Marketing Presence
- Pilot Project and Test Bedding
- Standards Adoption
To qualify for the EDG, you need to:
- Be registered and operating in Singapore
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding
- Be in a financially viable position to start and complete the project
The grant funds up to 70% of qualifying project costs namely third party consultancy fees, software and equipment, and incremental internal manpower cost.
- Please check that you are eligible to apply for EDG and identify the development area relevant to your project.
- For more details on the application process, please see Enterprise Development Grant on Enterprise Singapore website.
- Companies applying for EDG support for consultancy-related costs will have to engage management consultants who possess Enterprise Singapore-recognised certification. If you are engaging management consultants for your project and would like EDG support for the consultancy-related costs, please ensure that all consultants engaged possess Enterprise Singapore-recognised certification. Click here for more information on the Enterprise Singapore-recognised certification and to access lists of certified management consultants.
- Management consultancy is typically defined as the process of gathering and analysing relevant data, diagnosing operational and/or business issues, designing and recommending appropriate solutions to improve company's performance. Individuals involved in such activities for companies' upgrading projects supported under EDG need to possess Enterprise Singapore-recognised certification failing which Enterprise Singapore reserves the right not to support their consultancy fees.
- Other members or specialists in the team who are not providing management consultancy services but conducting dedicated functions such as, but not limited to, market research, audit, fieldwork, design/artwork, equipment installation and drafting of legal agreements need not be certified.
For More Info
For EDG projects approved and completed between 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2019, if the EDG projects also lead to a positive impact on matured workers, the employers may apply for WorkPro Job Redesign (Rider) upon the completion of the EDG projects. The WorkPro Job Redesign (Rider) can top-up grants of up to 80% of the qualifying project cost (nett of existing EDG obtained), or up to $20,000 per matured worker who has benefited, whichever is lower.
For more information about WorkPro, please visit Workforce Singapore website.