Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
Purpose of the Scheme
As an SME, you can get funding support to send your employees for training and skills upgrading.
More than 8,000 Continuing Education and Training (CET) courses are available under the scheme.
- As an SME, you will be eligible if:
- you are registered or incorporated in Singapore
- you are made up of at least 30% local shareholding by Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- you have an annual sales turnover of no more than S$100M or employ fewer than 200 employees
- you fully sponsor your employee for the training
- you send a bona fide employee hired in accordance to the Employment Act
- The employee you send for training must be a Singapore Citizen or a Singapore Permanent Resident.
- Singapore Permanent Residents qualify for higher funding for all supported courses except Academic CET courses at the Polytechnics/ITE.
If you would like to learn more, please go to Enhanced Training Support for SMEs on the Workforce Singapore (WSG) website.
a. Course Fee Funding
- You can receive subsidies covering 90% of course fees for:
- Continuing Education and Training (CET) Centres’ courses
- certifiable courses, capped at S$30 per hour
- in-house certifiable training, capped at S$15 per hour
- Polytechnics’ and ITE’s academic CET programmes, if your employee is a Singapore Citizen
- If you employ low-wage workers who are eligible for the Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme, you will continue to receive 90 - 95% of course fee funding for Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) training.
b. Absentee Payroll Funding
- Claim payroll funding of up to 80% of your employee’s basic hourly salary, capped at S$7.50 per hour
- Continue to receive absentee payroll funding of 90 - 95% of basic hourly rates for WSQ training if you employ low-wage workers who are eligible for the WTS scheme
Courses funded under the Enhanced Training Support include:
- all certifiable courses supported by Workforce Singapore
- academic CET courses at the Polytechnics/ITEs
You may apply for the enhanced funding through SkillsConnect.
For More Info
1 Marina Boulevard
#16-01 One Marina Boulevard
Tel: (65) 6883 5885
Fax: (65) 6512 1111