Are you are a small and medium enterprise (SME) looking to attract young local talents from universities, polytechnics and the Institute of Technical Education (ITE)? The SME Talent Programme (STP) offers up to 70% funding support to help you defray the cost of the monthly stipend when you engage students through internships.
To make your internships meaningful for students, your programme should have mentoring opportunities with supervisors, as well as structured learning objectives that are aligned with the SkillsFuture Enhanced Internship guidelines.
A summary of the programme and funding support is available in the factsheet here (255KB).
You can engage a pool of young talent at an early stage. Interns may also be a part of your hiring strategy and can be offered job opportunities in your company when they graduate.
SMEs are eligible for up to 70% funding support to defray the cost of the internship stipend. Here is the minimum amount you should pay interns:
· At least S$800 a month for ITE and polytechnic students
· At least S$1,000 a month for university students
Tip: Engaging a SkillsFuture Mentor to support your supervisors will ensure a positive internship experience for students.
SMEs should meet the following criteria:
· At least 30% local shareholding
· Group annual turnover of up to S$100 million OR group employment size of up to 200 workers
· Offer internship opportunities with a clear job description and career progression path
· Possess sound Human Resource processes
· Willing to participate in Enterprise Singapore's Human Resource Maturity Diagnostics (HRMD)
Approach the following Approved-in-Principle (AIP) partners to apply for this programme. The STP AIP partners will assess and qualify SMEs, and will play an active role in matching suitable student interns to the participating SMEs.
The STP AIP Partners may be contacted for more information about the programme, eligibility and application process.
Click here for more information.
For More Info
SME Talent Programme
230 Victoria Street #10-00
Bugis Junction Office Tower
1 Fusionopolis Walk
#01-02 South Tower, Solaris,