The SME Talent Programme (STP) offers up to 70% funding support to help you defray the cost of the monthly stipend when you engage students through internships.
SME Talent Programme (STP)
Are you a small and medium enterprise (SME) looking to attract young local talents from universities, polytechnics and the Institute of Technical Education (ITE)? The SME Talent Programme (STP) offers up to 70% funding support to help you defray the cost of the monthly stipend when you engage students through internships.
To make your internships meaningful for students, your programme should have mentoring opportunities with supervisors, as well as structured learning objectives based on requirements set by the respective educational institution.
A summary of the programme and funding support is available in the factsheet here.
You can engage a pool of young talent at an early stage. Interns may also be a part of your hiring strategy and can be offered job opportunities in your company when they graduate.
SMEs are eligible for up to 70% funding support to defray the cost of the internship stipend. Here is the minimum amount you should pay interns:
- At least S$800 a month for ITE and polytechnic students
- At least S$1,000 a month for university students
SMEs should meet the following criteria:
- At least 30% local shareholding
- Group annual turnover of up to S$100 million OR group employment size of up to 200 workers
- Offer potential career opportunities with a clear job description and career progression path
- Possess sound Human Resource processes
- Willing to participate in Enterprise Singapore's Human Resource Maturity Diagnostics (HRMD) to facilitate future capability upgrading
- Companies need a valid CorpPass account to login to STPNet. Click here to refer to a step-by-step guide to register for a CorpPass account
- Companies keen to offer structured On-the-Job (OJT) training and mentorship to fresh graduates from polytechnics or Institute of Technical Education (ITE) can turn to the SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme (ELP). Click here for more information on ELP.
- Download the list of FAQs for SMEs.
For More Info
230 Victoria Street #10-00
Bugis Junction Office Tower
1 Fusionopolis Walk
#01-02 South Tower, Solaris,