SMEs Go Digital
Published by SPRING Singapore
on 01 Dec 2017
Purpose of the Scheme
SMEs Go Digital is designed to help SMEs embrace digital technologies and build strong capabilities in technology to seize opportunities for growth in the Digital Economy.
SMEs Go Digital takes on a structured and inclusive approach towards the adoption of digital technologies by SMEs. In addition to deploying productivity tools such as digital ordering and payment and fleet management, the programme supports SMEs to develop digital capabilities such as cyber security, data protection, and data analytics.
The SMEs Go Digital seeks to:
- Raise the digital readiness and capabilities of SMEs
- Improve productivity of SMEs
- Increase revenue for SMEs
To participate in SMEs Go Digital, SMEs must:
- Be registered and incorporated in Singapore
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding AND
- Have a group annual sales turnover of not more than S$100 million OR
- Have a group employment size of not more than 200 workers
Under SMEs Go Digital,
- SMEs will receive step-by-step guidance on the use of digital technologies at each stage of their growth through the sector-specific Industry Digital Plans. For a start, Industry Digital Plans will be developed for six (6) focus sectors: Retail, Food Services, Wholesale Trade, Logistics, Cleaning and Security sectors. The first Industry Digital Plan will be launched by end-2017.
- SMEs will have access to a strong supply of easy-to-use, proven Infocomm Media (ICM) solutions that are pre-approved by IMDA and supported by government grants.
- SMEs with more advanced digital needs such as data analytics and cybersecurity can receive specialist technology advice via the new SME Digital Tech Hub, which is slated to be launched by the end third quarter of 2017. For basic advice on off-the-shelf ICM solutions, SMEs can visit any SME Centre.
- Progressive SMEs keen to innovate with new technology solutions that would also benefit other SMEs in their sectors can participate in Pathfinder projects. SMEs Go Digital will provide up to 70% funding support, capped at S$300,000*.
* More support can be provided on case-by-case basis
SMEs can participate in the programme by contacting the SME Centres.
For More Info