Who can apply
Individual applicant must be a Singaporean or Permanent Resident who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Fresh Media Graduates
- Media Professionals Self-Sponsored/Organisation-Sponsored
- Media Freelancers
What IMDA Supports
From 1 April 2018, we are no longer accepting applications for Overseas Specialised Training Grant and Overseas Enhanced Apprenticeship. For queries, please email email@example.com
From 13 April 2018, IMDA is migrating the T-Assist application process from Six Degrees to IMDA’s online Infocomm Competency Management System (ICMS).
Specialised Training Grant
Talent Assistance Specialised Training Grant (T-Assist) provides course fee subsidies for eligible fresh media graduates, media professionals and media freelancers to deepen their skills in areas such as visual effects, game design, virtual reality and digital marketing. The list of pre-approved local media courses, workshops and masterclasses by endorsed Course Providers can be found here.
Eligible trainees will receive support of up to 90% of course fee (excluding GST), capped at $3,000 per course.
Media freelancers are eligible for Training Allowance when attending the pre-approved T-Assist courses at a rate of $7.50 per training hour. A Media Freelancer can claim up to $6,500 per annum (from 1 April to 31 March) for training allowance.
To qualify for T-Assist grant, the Trainee must be a Singaporean or Singapore PR and ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria:
Type of Trainee
Fresh Media Graduates
Fresh Graduates from eligible media courses from the following institutions:
Refer to list of eligible media programmes.
A Media Professional is engaged primarily in media-related work in a media company or any user organisation. The work of the person includes design, development, production, operation, distribution, sales and/or marketing of media.
A Media Freelancer is:
* media service business or trade includes design, development, production, operation, distribution, sale and/or marketing of media.
Eligible Trainee must perform one of the following eligible media job roles
- Audio/ Sound Designer (including Sound Engineer / Audio Engineer / Audio Artist / Sound Artist / Creative Sound Designer / Technical Sound Designer)
- Artist, Modeller, Visual Effects Designer, Animator (e.g. Game Artist, 3-D Modeller, 2-D Artist, 3-D Artist, Creative Supervisor/
- Director (e.g. Film Director, Art Director, Creative Director, Director of Photography)
- Editor (eg. Art Editor - Film or TV Editor, Sound Editor, Online Editor)
- Executive Producer, Producer, Advertising Account Executive/Manager
- Games Designer (e.g Level Designer)
- Marketing and Publicity Executive/Manager of Media IP
- Multimedia & Games Developer
- Online Creator, Online Video Content Creator
- Production Crew (e.g Grip, Gaffer, Lighting Assistant, camera operator, Production Assistant, Data Wrangler)
- Project Managers of Media IP (eg. Assistant Director, Production Manager, Line Producer, Post-Production Supervisor)
- Sales and Distribution of Media IP and Advertising Inventory
- User Interface (UI) User Experience (UX) Designer (e.g Game UX Designer)
- Writer (e.g. Screenwriter, Copywriter, Author, Publishing/ Advertising Editor)
Detailed description of each role can be found here.
How to apply
Trainee Enrolment Procedure
Trainees interested to sign up for any of the T-Assist pre-approved course and apply for the T-Assist grant must approach the respective Course Providers.
All trainees must be enrolled by the endorsed Course Provider for the intended course in IMDA’s Infocomm Competency Management System (ICMS) within 30 days before and 5 days after course start date.
The trainee must commence the endorsed course between 1 May 2018 and 31 March 2019 (or otherwise stipulated by IMDA).
Trainees must make full payment of course fees directly to the endorsed Course Provider.
For detailed processes please refer to the following
Claim Application Procedure
All sponsoring organisations and self-sponsored individuals must have a valid IMDA’s Infocomm Competency Management System (ICMS) account in order to submit a T-Assist claim. To apply for a new organisation or individual account, please click here.
Self-sponsored applicants must have their SingPass ID and password to access ICMS. To find out more and/or apply for SingPass, please click here.
Sponsoring organisations will require CorpPass ID to access ICMS. To find out more and/or apply for CorpPass, please click here.
All claim applications must be submitted online via the ICMS upon course or certification completion. Please refer to the Claim Application Guide for detailed application procedures.
All claims for T-Assist grants must be submitted to IMDA within three (3) months the date of completion of the course. Late submissions will not be accepted. Applications with incomplete supporting documents will be rejected for processing.
Applicants must upload and attach the supporting documents via ICMS when submitting online applications. The supporting documents are:
- A copy of trainee’s NRIC (front and back
- Proof of course registration
- Declaration of eligibility form
- Original or copies of Invoice(s) and Official Receipt(s) issued by the Course Provider for the Course and/or Certification Examination Fees paid by the Applicant.
- Printout copy of SkillsFuture Credit ‘Claim Applications’ transaction history6
- Printout copy of PSEA Statement
- Daily attendance sheet signed by trainee (for classroom course) confirming 75% training attendance
- Examination Score Report/Result Slip and Final Certificate for the endorsed certification issued by the Certification Awarding Body (if endorsed course dows not lead to any certification) issued by the Course Provider
- Post-training report on the training outcome, to include skills acquired, outcome achieved and relevance to work
- Completed GIRO form
For Organisation-Sponsored Trainees, the claim application will be submitted by the sponsoring organisation.
For Self-Sponsored Trainees, the claim application has to be completed by the individual.
To access ICMS, please click here.
For queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Info
Infocomm Media Development Authority
10 Pasir Panjang Road #03-01
Mapletree Business City